Pages

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Ground level with the groupies...

I realize that a lot of what I write is high-powered, spiritually off-putting and not exactly the type of material you would happen upon in the Tabloids in the checkout aisle of your local grocery store.

Up until recently, I thought that was a good thing, but I remembered something from Way of the Peaceful Warrior by Dan Millman, that sometimes the person a step above you on their way up the mountain is in a better position to reach their hand out to you than the guru who sits at the top.

You don't gift a video game console with 15 buttons on the game-paddle to someone who can't walk and chew gum at the same time. There were five buttons on the original Nintendo game pad...(the cursor, start, select, A and B). 

This blog is about a practical approach to spiritual living, and if people can't get their arms around everything I'm talking about, I'm not being very practical.

So here's a good topic, you ready?

Facebook and apps like it, especially those with instant messaging, are, to some, nearly as addicting as cigarettes. Who texted me? Who should I text next? Where are they? Why aren't they mentioning me in their posts? Why is my blog not getting enough hits? This meme is amusing. This fits me. This doesn't. So and so had so and so for breakfast, maybe I should, too!

What happened to the days when you couldn't get ahold of someone unless they were home? Whatever happened to the days when people picked up the phone no matter what they were doing instead of letting it ring off the hook because they didn't want to talk to the person on the other end?

I recently unfriended every single one of my friends on Facebook and blocked everyone in my phone whose attention I could not draw without texting them first. Now, I'm no longer tethered to my phone...so what am I doing on the computer?

Addiction...addiction...addiction...

 See you on Facebook! starliper.corey@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment