Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2018

#322- Out with the old

The Merrimack is starting to turn so I'm done with fishing for the year. I look forward to next year. In the interim I've turned my attention to reading and writing. I'm reading an average of 55 pages a night, which does quite a bit for my ability to articulate the things I want to when I journal or start stories.

Stephen King has always maintained that the best way to deal with a plot is to shoot it before it can breed. He likes to put two characters in a ring and watch them duke it out and from the magnificent struggle that ensues, a story is born.

I'm learning quite a bit about literary devices. King uses them liberally to assist him with his character development. In 'It,' he uses the cabbie to show his readers how much the town of Derry has changed and how Bill Denbrough feels about it.

When viewed through an author's lens, it presents as a powerful tool in storytelling. It reminds me that King lives, eats, sleeps and shits writing!



See you on my new Facebook page! theintrovertexposedcs@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment