Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2016

"Corey, don't hit the...(crash!)"

Okay maybe that's not exactly happened, but when my dad had me working his knew monstrosity of a tractor last week he told me twice not drive it into the porch by the livingroom. I came close once. It's somewhat of a pain to operate and takes extreme focus.

Today I got tired of waiting around for everyone else to show me how to do things before I tried them myself, so I pulled the tractor out of the garage and learned how to use the bucket myself. It's extremely satisfying to have done so, and I got a lot done with it!

Most of all I think I felt accomplished for trying, failing and ultimately succeeding in the task of teaching myself how to do something. I love the process. I don't know what it is. Maybe it's my autism. I know many Asperger children take apart radios and things of that sort to see how they work. For me I think it's the reconciliation, the bridge in the gap, like the fitting of the last puzzle piece into place, finally yielding a complete picture.

When someone else shows me how to do something, it takes the mystery out of it.  

See you on Facebook and Tumblr! starliper.corey@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment