Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Cutting ties with the psychiatric paper trail once and for all...

...I think it's time I start letting my body decide what it needs instead of me trying to manage it. I'll be tapering off my depression medication and completely stopping everything else. I intend to improve my focus by eating well, avoiding simple sugars whenever possible and consuming an array of fruits and vegetables on a regular basis. I also hear that eating less at meal time improves focus and concentration because our metabolism doesn't need to work overtime or pump crash juice (insulin) into our blood stream.

The more we take into our bodies that our body doesn't know how to respond to, the less optimally it functions. It takes more effort to do less work. We feel sluggish, lethargic, depressed and anxious as our biology cries out for us to be migratory, active and happy.

So I have decided to cut as much organic chemistry out of my life as possible. Instead, I will be using a number of essential oils to help me maintain spiritual and emotional balance, patience and focus. I will also begin meditating to allow my body to function as naturally as it would if I were no part of the picture. We push and we sweat and we curse, gritting our teeth against an endless struggle to gain practically no emotional, spiritual or financial ground day in and day out, but we ignore the most literal, physical guru to which we have access...our bodies.

My body knows a hell of a lot more about what it needs than I do. My journey from here forth is to listen to what my body needs, not what my addictive behavior patterns need, not what my get-things-done-as-quickly-as-possible side needs. The optimal relationship is a symbiotic one, meaning A does for B and B in turn provides for A. Our body, mind and spirit need to be in alignment with each other in order for us to function optimally.

Pharmaceuticals are simply no longer a part of the equation for me.  

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment