Pages

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

An interesting new addition to my life...

The other night I happened upon a meditation group in Chelmsford and decided last night to give it a try. I walked in late to find everyone sitting at the front of the room with their eyes closed, meditating.

I removed my shoes, walked in, took my seat in a chair and sat there with my hands neatly folded in my lap, because I wasn't sure what else to do. The ringing in my ears was about the only sound I could pick up on for the first five minutes. I couldn't settle.

I opened my eyes to find that nobody had moved. The expression on the leader's face hadn't changed, the lighting in the room hadn't changed. Nothing had changed. Everyone sat in complete stillness. It came as a pleasant surprise when I got a glimpse of the quantum veil.

I tried a few different positions, from sitting in the chair to sitting on the floor to laying down. None of these positions aided me in alleviating the tension that sat in my back and shoulders. I was relieved when the leader invited everyone back to the present moment and everyone took turns analyzing their meditation session.

I look forward to the next session and have resolved to practice regularly, even if all that means is a couple minutes a day. Part of last night's reading discussed how we don't need to be extremely rigid in our practices. If we usually fall asleep to the TV, can we turn it off 3-5 minutes early or wait 3 to 5 minutes before turning it on to reflect on our day? Can we take 5 minutes to phone a lonely friend or to offer another random act of kindness to someone in our path?

These small gestures of faith in the Universe make a huge impact on our energy field.

From now on, not only will I be reporting events in my life, but also how my meditation practice is going.  I feel as though doing so will afford me a sense of responsibility. I really liked analyzing my practice session last night so I'm looking forward to being able to do it again and hopefully being able to share it with people.

See you on my new Facebook page! theintrovertexposedcs@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment