Pages

Monday, January 1, 2018

A slow start to the new year...

Everyone in the house is sick. It's been a down day. When I woke up this morning, it was -2 degrees outside, I ran out of tissues and I am in a fog today. Nonetheless, I wanted to post on the first day of the new year.

I had posted last January 1st about how not to start the year with resolutions because it sets us up for failure. Nonetheless, I can't help but feel a sense of renewed energy at the prospect of new beginnings that lie in wait. I got my 18 month calendar out, cleaned my room and started a list of things I would like to start doing more of.

If I can't avoid simple sugars, I would like to avoid processed crap. I had posted awhile back that a lifestyle change was merely about making more good decisions and less bad ones. Unless ordered by a doctor, strict adherence to any routine is neither necessary nor recommended. We need flexibility in our lives because we are creatures of emotion and feelings come and go. No time is the perfect time to make a change, and not all things can be expected to go our way.

A little less of the bad. A little more of the good.

That's how I want to start my new year.

See you on my new Facebook page! theintrovertexposedcs@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment