Pages

Thursday, January 11, 2018

Had an unpleasant sit...

Last night's sit felt more natural than Tuesday night's sit, but it was also more disturbed.

I was laying down. Typically when I lay down in the dark, my thoughts drift. I was pleasantly surprised by my ability to focus on the task at hand.

The thoughts that did come were disturbing, most centering on memories of using a hallucinogen in my apartment several years ago. I suffer Post Traumatic Stress Disorder as a result of that experience and consider it the worst night of my life.

Last night was nowhere near as distressing.

After a few minutes of meditation I made it my intention to sleep, set the sound of a clock in the background and enjoyed the most restful sleep I've had in a very long time.

Tonight I'll be sitting with the sound of the clock in the background. My goal is to eventually eliminate the need to use it to help me transition into alpha consciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment