Pages

Thursday, July 20, 2017

Proof that healthy coping mechanisms are sacred...

Lately I have been investing in stocks. The obsession started several months ago and finally hit a peak yesterday when a stock that I've been invested in for quite some time really started to turn for me. For the first time, I learned that financial success could be a stressor.

In order to distract myself from the numbers, I've used a number of coping mechanisms, and the more I use them, the less emotional impact the dollar signs in my investment account have on my spirit. Among these are writing (I've added probably 25 handwritten pages to my novel and recovered another 100 of the same which I thought I had lost), and spending quality time with Olivia.

The reality is that having money will make things easier, but without a solid hold on what it means to enjoy life without thinking about financial security, the more money you have coming in, the more you have to worry about losing. So beautiful and pure were the moments I spent with my daughter because they were not laden with emotional stress! Our relationship has improved a million percent over the last 36 hours because for the first time in my life, happiness and money have absolutely nothing to do with each other!


See you on Facebook! starliper.corey@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment