Pages

Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thanksgiving food has no calories! Welcome Aboard, Ashley!

One thing I hardly ever discuss in these posts is my seeming inability to fail miserably without beating myself up for it. Failure isn't always a stepping stone to success. Sometimes it just sucks. I need to forgive myself for going completely hog on Thanksgiving food today. Thanksgiving food has no calories, no fat, no cholesterol and absolutely no repercussions whatsoever.

I did watch the Lions lose, hung out with Olivia, played Chinese checkers. I stayed sober, clean and smoke free and I was able to get a laugh out of someone with the pin I bought on my date with Becka, who is no longer in the picture but for whose company I am still deeply grateful. There are some people in this world who have the ability to judge with compassion exclusively. Becka is one of them.

I would like to say that I am one of them, too. I'm not. Not yet, anyway, but I'm working on it. This blog helps. It also helps to know that we've entered the Christmas season and that I can look forward to bringing as much joy to people as possible. I don't know why I need to remind myself to do it.

Things have been moving so quickly lately that it's become very easy for me to turn inward and to go into a place in my head where I don't need to process emotion. I think the understanding that everything is connected (something I seldom feel) and staying in the moment--something with which I've grown increasingly less familiar lately--are crucial to happiness, and what could make us feel more connected to the moment than doing something for somebody else?

An energy shot later, I sit here before the computer trying to hammer through a blog post that doesn't quite feel done. I like the way the keys feel beneath my fingers. I like the sound it makes. I like the feeling that pokes through the clouds when I write--the feeling that things are okay again, the feeling that things make sense again. I can type 66 words per minute and I still feel as though my thoughts are backing up, forming a line--single file--waiting for expression.

So many new people to write for and a whole new world to write about...lest this post go on forever, the best place to begin may very well be the end.

Until next time...


See you on my new Facebook page! theintrovertexposedcs@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment