Pages

Monday, March 26, 2018

Should I shut this blog down?

I'm starting to wonder if I should keep this blog up and running at all, whether I should just do away with Facebook and Blogger and Your Tewksbury Today, uninstall my chat apps and focus on what I can control rather than what I can't. Beyond the occasional spurt of motivation to engage with my readers, I don't seem to be affecting much change. Comments are infrequent, though appreciated. Lately I just feel as though I'm spread so thin that I can't put full amounts of energy into anything.

You know what?

No. I'm not going to shut this blog down. I worked hard to get it to where it is today and it's my fault that my numbers are going back down. I'll just include my blog posts in my handwritten journaling going forward. It seems that one affects the frequency with which I add to the other so to hell with choosing. I'll maintain both.

I don't know if I mentioned this before but my handwritten journal is a legacy I'll be leaving with Olivia. I will be self-publishing post mortem and having a free copy of my life's work mailed to every university in the United States. Failure to include these blog posts would be irresponsible, especially since people keep telling me not to wait, to publish now and see what people think rather than waiting until I can't enjoy any of the feedback. I have been in the limelight once and did not enjoy it, but if people are encouraging me to do it then why not? Maybe I should just release my entire journal and all 609 pages to all of you for review.

Sure, why not let this blog be my legacy instead of a bunch of notebooks. Here I come, world. Get the hell out of my way.

See you on my new Facebook page! theintrovertexposedcs@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment