Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2018

My crabs are molting for me...

I was right. I knew one of them would go through a major change as long as I kept developing my spirituality the way I am now. I am riding the Game Genie wave again, and one of my crabs has burrowed while the remaining four remain huddled under the half-log I put in there. That's where they hang out most often, crawling all over each other. Kinda funny, actually. I like to view that as representative of my inability to get out of my own way sometimes.

I'm breaking character, burrowed deeply, set far away from everyone as numerous changes come flying into my life. I've spent some time lately reading old journals and I've realized that I don't write as major changes take place. I write ahead of them and after them. It happens every time I go through a major change. The Universe explodes my bubble, sending all the familiar pieces of my life hurdling through the quantum field, and as I'm waiting for all the pieces to fall, that's when I write. I point them out to myself in my journal. I muse as they fall into alignment, new, strange and exciting pieces lined up next to the old.

I'll be starting work again in a couple of weeks. My surgery went well but I was in a lot of pain for the first two weeks. I underestimated the recovery and overestimated my capabilities, which did not bode well for the amount of time it has taken me to make the amount of progress I have. I'm at the stage now where I want to get up and move, I want to do cartwheels, sit ups, I want to start running, I want to go bowling. Then when I'm healed I'll remember that trying to do a cartwheel will result in another surgery, that running has always been beyond my capabilities, and that bowling alone is dangerous for my sobriety.

I just needed a blog entry to help me pivot a bit, to let people know that I still care about maintaining this blog, which I've had for a couple years now. I will say the reason I'm not doing as much blogging is that I've been doing a ton of journaling and I don't see the sense in doing both. Besides, the journal is more important to me right now. My legacy, my life's work, is that with which others will ultimately associate my name when I'm gone.

My journal is there to satisfy my need for immortality. This blog is to have you all with me now. 

See you on my new Facebook page! theintrovertexposedcs@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment