Pages

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

What is my religion?

It has been brought to my attention recently that the pendants I wear represent conflicting views. So let me explain.

Let's start with the Pagan Star (pentacle):

The five points of the Pagan Star represent the five senses. The resultant pentagram in the middle represents the soul/self, and the circle around it connecting all five points represents eternity (the present moment).

In short, the pentacle is a complete representation of all aspects of our earthly existence. Our soul perceives the world with the five senses, and the reality from which we can perceive at all is encapsulated by eternity. 

Image result for pentacle
Benevolent representation of the pentacle. Note the pentagram in the middle. The fact that the bars overlap eachother is symbolic of the reality that everything in the Universe is connected in some way.
Image result for satanic pentagram crossed out like no smoking
The inverted pentacle represents the relatively new ideology of Satanism, about which I admittedly know very little, except to say that the Biblical Entity of Satan is not present in Satanist ideology because Satanists are primarily atheist. I do know that Laveyan Satanism is a hedonistic ideology, built on the belief that if something feels good, it's acceptable. Some 'Satanic' communities worship the Biblical Entity and wear the inverted peantacle as a sign of the Anti-Christ, when in reality the pentacle came into existence long before the birth of Christ.  

Why do I wear the Crucifix if I'm not Christian?

Christ was a leader in his time, charged (responsible for) with the task of spreading love, forgiveness and compassion in a time when people knew very little about the world that they lived in, let alone about living amongst each other with the values that he taught. Whether or not Christ was the Son of God is up for debate, and that debate was the cornerstone upon which Christianity was founded. Whatever the case may be, I find Christ to be the most perfect representation of the man that my heart wants me to be.


See you on Facebook! starliper.corey@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment