Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

A vow to think before I speak...

I once wrote a post entitled Aspergers: The Extra-Terrestrial Condition. I have been around for long enough to understand that I am the only creature on the planet who will ever see things exactly the way I do. I introduce myself and I feel, in the awkward silence before the other person decides to speak up, that they are thinking, Oh, God, not another one of those people.

I have always excelled with written communication, which is good, because communication with someone in the same room as me is like trying to communicate with someone from another galaxy. Far too many times, I've had important arguments dismissed as non sequiturs as though they were presented in an altogether unfamiliar dialect.

I've grown very tired of expending energy doing nothing but confusing the ever-living shit out of what few company I keep. I may hold certain individuals to a high regard, but on the levels most important to me, they will never look upon the Universe as I do.

Fellow 'Aspies' cling to this reality as a unit, our only commonality the fact that no two of us hold the key to each other's secret language. We throw a casual nod to one another, two ships passing in the night, and then it's back to whichever obsession we find ourselves entertaining at the time.

So, fuck it.

I'm done denying the reality that my reality is the only one I care about. I am a talented writer and spiritualist. I have much to offer my child, and I'm done beating down doors trying to get ideas across.

People will come, and if they don't...who cares?

See you on Facebook and Tumblr! starliper.corey@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment