Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2017

Acting your way into relief...

I can't find the post that I'm looking for and it's bugging me, but I guess the Universe wants a new one instead of a repost.

Have you ever felt as though you didn't have enough time in your day to get done all the doing nothing that you need to do?

I used to use the time when my daughter was away to process everything that had happened over the course of that week, but by the time she came home I would be more burned out from doing nothing than I would have been chasing her around all day.

Have you ever felt like you needed a vacation from the vacation you're about to finishing taking? How nice is it to come home and start a load of laundry or to shower in your own bathroom or to mow your lawn, now too long to meet acceptable standards?

The brain will only tolerate a lack of stress for so long. Think of kicking back as drawing a deep clean breath of fresh air. Now breathe in. Don't stop. Keep going, breathe in!

Wait a minute, how does that make sense?

It makes sense because you need to let go of the breath you've already drawn in to take another. Each breath that you take grows stale and must be expelled. Each new set of circumstances is a fresh canvas no matter how much we resist the changes they bring.

Physically doing nothing to process days worth of stress is like trying to wash water out of your ears in the shower.

For days I have let things pile up by spending all this time doing nothing waiting for my problems to go away. It just kept getting worse.

This morning, I woke up and decided that I had had enough. I opened the shades in my room, threw all my laundry down, started a load, took my medication, fed my daughter, watered my plants, brushed my teeth, showered and ran some errands.

What a relief it is to take action!

See you on Facebook and Tumblr! starliper.corey@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment