Pages

Friday, April 6, 2018

4/6/2018- I got an electric typewriter!

It's old, it's loud, it's heavy, but it's mine. I have named her Old Faithful after a typewriter in one of my stories. She came with a broken cursor, which I removed without causing any further damage to the machine. The alignment may be off a little, but overall the piece brings me a sense of completion. I had debated whether or not to pick it up, but I traded $40 for the typewriter with the carrying case and the ink cartridge that was already in there. All of the bells and whistles work, and Olivia has already written a story on it.

The story I'm working on now will turn out to be a book. I've only written a couple of novels, but I can feel this one shaping up to be relatively long in comparison with my other works. I don't want to lower the frequencies available for my intention so I'll only release it when I've given the final draft my stamp of approval, with candle wax and my thumb print. Suffice it to say it's a romance with much darker overtones than I'm used to working with.

I do still intend to release all of my journal entries up to this point, but with my focus on my new toy lately I don't foresee typing up any old entries within the next few days. It got really intense there for awhile reliving things in such vivid clarity, and I don't want to force posts from my past into the present. It seems like that would be in violation of a law of some sort. I would prefer they filter in naturally.

I am re-upping my dedication to avoiding my phone. I find that my relationship with Olivia is much stronger when I'm not being led by the ear into the addictive caverns of cyberspace. In the interim, I plan to make the best of this unjustifiably cold, crappy day.

See you on my new Facebook page! theintrovertexposedcs@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment