Pages

Monday, April 30, 2018

Update on my training, why it failed and what I'm doing to realign my priorities


While I did not complete the four articles I had hoped to, I have been very productive in other areas. I think I earned another nine hours per week back at work which I had lost when I was transferred. It seems that my effort speaks for me. While I'm friendly with associates, I would prefer better control over how much I talk. If I could dial it back a bit, I may have more energy, or more clarity regarding the best way to break down the tasks to which I am assigned in order to expend the least about of energy. There is something to be said for remaining quiet, for listening more than speaking. It puts you in a place where things make sense.

I took a book out of the library yesterday about Thomas Capano and the murder of Anne-Marie Fahey. I've read 166 pages so far. I don't know if it's the way the plot is presented or the way the print is formatted but it's a very easy read. Very informative, very little swearing or vulgarity save direct quotes from Capano or his brother. I decided that with an entire consortium of interesting and free material at my disposal, why shouldn't I set out to learn a little something? I like to learn new things and I seem to feel better about myself, more collected and less stressed when I'm reading on a regular basis. It also tends to encourage creativity.

I used to obsess about true crime. This is different. This time I think I'm more interested in the general information presented in the book. I don't care as much about specific license plates as I do that a car was involved in the murder somehow. I find it to be a much more leisurely and enjoyable experience when I allow the story to tell itself rather than hold every line under scrutiny. It also feels like less of an obsession and more like something to do. Of course I have the immediate need to read every book in the library because that's just how I am. Let's start with one book relevant to my interests and see where we go from there.

I'm going to take much the same approach with my dedication to Constant-Content. I am going to continue to write for the platform on a regular basis, but to set such high expectations for my income was a mistake. I might be able to hit that number if I don't think about it, if I just write for something to do as opposed to something I have to do, but I have very little chance of ever writing again if I view it as a chore. I'm almost certain that that is why I did not write those four articles the other day. I was tired, but I also went fishing when I could have easily invested the same amount of energy writing, but could I have? Could I have really been as invested in a chore as in a leisurely activity? 

See you on my new Facebook page! theintrovertexposedcs@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment