Pages

Saturday, March 25, 2017

How to get emotionally organized...

...I have stumbled upon the solution to managing my stress so many times now that it defies logic that I should keep forgetting it. In order to manage my emotional stress, there needs to be physical order about me. In short, I need to stay organized.

When clutter is all around my room and things begin to pile up, the prospect of putting it back together becomes more and more overwhelming, and I run away from it with food, spending money, spending way too much time on my phone trying to keep myself entertained, et cetera.

Then comes the point where I simply cannot take it anymore and throw my laundry down. When that's done, I do something else.

The relief of once again having my living space in order is received as warmly today as it always has been. On a quantum level, the reason that emotional recuperation comes with clearing out the clutter is because an attempt to get organized physically tells the Universe that you wish to stay emotionally organized as well.  At face value, you just feel a whole lot better when you're organized.

Start with one thing. It doesn't need to be the biggest thing. It just needs to be something. And then another something. And then another something. You will feel a million times more emotionally ready to go about your day when it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment