Pages

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Time to stop lying to myself...update to training regimen

My technology sabbatical failed almost before it started. I've been avoiding new posts so that I wouldn't look weak to my new readers, or feel weak to myself.

I'm not weak. I'm addicted to technology, and lonely without it. Truthfully, I would have benefitted more from admitting that I was unable to turn away as soon as I had turned back, but I can't reap what I've not sown.

Below is my updated training regimen. I cannot guarantee complete adherence but it will get me started . I tried this some time ago and after falling short I was reminded of how intense of a module it actually is. I have my ___ and my power beads, as well as my power ring. I believe I only had access to the former two when I was last engaged in regular training.

So here we go:

I thought I would take the opportunity to formulate and publish my spiritual training regimen for the next thirty days, with one value per day, starting tonight:

  1. Not speaking unless spoken to during work hours.
  2. 10 minutes solitary reflection
  3. 20 minutes solitary reflection
  4. 30 minutes solitary reflection
  5. Being of service to someone else
  6. 24-hour phone fast
  7. 30-minute activity with OlIvia
  8. Falling asleep without a sleeping pill

See you on Facebook and Tumblr! starliper.corey@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment