Pages

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Still going strong with the social media temptations...

I'm now downstairs on the computer instead of upstairs in my room on my phone. My efforts to avoid chat apps using that phone have been successful so far. That makes a little over 24 hours. I've had to plow through my own resistance to the idea, fueled in part by a need to fit in with the rest of the world.

The only positive social influences in my life come through Facebook and I'm glad for the fact that I only have one app to keep track of. I tend to switch rapidly between platforms when I have them all downloaded on my phone, a hurried, desperate attempt to read messages as soon as they come through.

After all, who doesn't like to receive a new message?

I'm sitting here eating banana bread, the only thing I can really tolerate. My appointment with the dentist was amazing. She does beautiful work, but unforeseen circumstances have rendered me unable to chew on the right side of my mouth.

My gums are black.

Work went well, which is to say I got through it without getting fired. I recently celebrated a year with the company. When I brought it to my immediate supervisor's attention, his response was: "What the fuck? Already?"

I had had much the same reaction a few days earlier.

I hate to recede to the solitude of my room but Time is not on my side this morning. It is fast approaching 1:30am and I need to be up early. If afforded the patience, the money, and the opportunity to do nothing but write for the rest of my life, I think I would. This post, however, already too long, must be injected into the cyber void, and I must retire.

Same blog time, Same blog channel.

Until then...

See you on Facebook and Tumblr! starliper.corey@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment