Pages

Sunday, May 7, 2017

Living on Purpose

In meditation this evening, I figured out exactly how important living on purpose really is.
I have bowled every Sunday for the last eight weeks. The only Sunday I missed was Easter and I made up for it the following day. My dedication to this routine comes as a result of having promised myself I would adhere to it. It is one of the only promises I've made to myself that I've subsequently kept. This may not seem like much, but to me, it's huge.

So huge, in fact, that every time I go bowling, I ask myself who I am.


This post has also appeared in Your Tewksbury Today.

Tonight, I realized that I couldn't answer the question, so I asked myself, instead, "who do I want to be?"

The answer is simple. I want to be calm, patient and balanced. I want to be the person who keeps the coolest head in the room, and ultimately someone who teaches others how to achieve the same. 

After all, what good does it do anyone else if you keep the answers to life's deepest questions locked away?

I presented this future ideal self to someone who suggested that perhaps wanting to obtain these qualities were not enough, that instead of just wanting to be that person, I might set forth a plan of action. 

Tonight in meditation, I realized both how badly I wanted to be that person, and how important it was for me to take control of all the things in my life which have been holding me back. 

I began to journal. 

Meditation will assist me in this journey. Being constantly aware of my goal will assist me in this journey. Continuing to benchmark my progress along the way will assist me in this journey. 

Just knowing these things and fully understanding that I've decided to embrace them has afforded me the most powerful energy I've ever felt! 

In this life, we only get one life. We can wait for things to happen, for the perfect set of circumstances to come along. We can dream about that perfect moment, when everything makes sense and birds are singing and nothing could be more right. 

Or we can make that moment happen, and be present for it! 

We cannot buy back moments which have slipped from our awareness for want of the next thing. 

We are here, we are now. 

Are you where you want to be? How can you begin to make steps to get there? 

See you on Facebook! starliper.corey@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment