Pages

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Day One: New Corey

I won't jump the gun and say that I'm already back in the groove, but I'm getting there. Just as I told my readers I would, I started my day at 5am, and it burns me that it's enjoyable for me to do so. I've already eaten--oatmeal instead of Reese's--taken my meds, had my coffee and gotten Olivia's backpack ready for school, and I'm coming into the stretch of the morning that seemed impossibly long to me yesterday...waiting for the day to start.

Setting my alarm--which annoys me; I think I shall replace it with classical music instead of the urgent 'turn me off before I wake the rest of the house up' beeping--any later than I did today would make me feel rushed. I can't explain why. It just would. So I need to find something to do in the morning to keep me awake without waking everyone else up.

Instead of forcing that reality, I'm waiting for it to come to me. I feel like forcing it would be an offense to the Universe. I did need to exert a certain amount of energy to begin making this change, whatever it will turn out to be, but listening for the answer instead of telling the Universe how it's going to be seems more in tune with what I'm supposed to be doing.

I'm also going to try resorting back to the method I was trying to use before...technology fasting while Olivia is in my care. My dad pointed out that whenever I'm interrupted from writing, I seem to get frustrated. Well, duh. I pick the worst times to sit down and start a post and it's impossible for me to shift from writing mode directly into parenting mode without getting flustered. It's even pissing me off reporting as much.

Goodnight, Moon. Good morning, Sun. Grant me the clarity to receive Your Guidance and to grow today.

See you on my new Facebook page! theintrovertexposedcs@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment