Pages

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Why the Universe lets us make mistakes

I think it's so that we can learn from them. Simple as that.

I needed a lesson in loving myself tonight. I was invited to deposit opinion and experience into a group of individuals with far more experience than I. Instantly, I regretted stepping up to the challenge and after running over the time limit I was invited to shut up.

Immediately, feelings of failure swam up around me. I felt like I was drowning. The familiar bog of self pity was almost comforting. As soon as I realized that I was having maladaptive thoughts, I forgave myself and prayed.

The binding lesson in tonight's experience (loving myself was latent) was the realization that sitting quietly and listening is of more benefit to me than imparting information I don't have to people who already do.

No comments:

Post a Comment