Pages

Thursday, December 21, 2017

Day Two: New Memories, Challenge Accepted!

My mom did a great job prepping gingerbread houses today. She got all the candy in individual bowls, made the frosting. Such an awesome mom!! Everyone had a blast! My dad got into it, my mom showed me how to make realistic icicles using the royal icing and Olivia sat there eating candy, which, admittedly, I encouraged before we started. Even if I could blame her, I wouldn't. These are the memories that make life worth living. Next year, I'll prep the gingerbread houses!

I had a teenie tiny spat with my mom yesterday where I said something stupid along the lines of moving out. From it sprang up the challenge...bearing all of the responsibility that I would in my own house, including planning and prepping meals for Olivia, washing her laundry, brushing her teeth, doing her hair, everything that I would need to do if my parents up and moved to Florida and left me here with my beautiful daughter in a beautiful house.

The challenge even includes paying more rent, saving first, last and security, managing my dental payments and improving my credit. I discovered last night over a powerful therapy session that it's acceptable to take all of this on at once, provided I have safety nets so that I don't take marginal failures personally and so that I'm not plagued by recency bias. 

Recency bias is a recognized phenomenon wherein people view things through the evaluative lens with which they were presented most recently as opposed to looking at the bigger picture. This applies to both negative and positive trends.

See you on my new Facebook page! theintrovertexposedcs@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment