Pages

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

I've rediscovered writing...

I usually obsess about something for a couple of weeks and then get side tracked, so it would not surprise me if I did so in this case. It would, however, be very disappointing.

I've met someone who has sold several thousand copies of a litany of works through self publishing, and he has promised to take me, and my subsequent career in writing, under his wing. A heartfelt thank you, first and foremost, for his patience and dedication.

Shortly--within the next couple of weeks--I hope to release a novella that's been in the making for over a decade. Presently, the manuscript is being reviewed by a professional editor (one of my lifelong dreams) and since I consider it editor ready, I've moved onto a novella that I've been struggling for some time to draw to a close.

The prevailing theme will be reflections and how they distort reality.

In my conversation yesterday with this individual, I found not only excitement, but closure. He not only reminded me that motivation to keep writing was real, but that it was never out of reach.

"Keep typing and keep persisting," he told me.

Part of the reason that phrase resonated with me the way it did is that I want to be buried with a typewriter so I have something to relax me when I kick off. I love typing. Why have I spent so much time writing everything by hand?

Can you imagine the sense of validation that this brings me? I'm a writer!

No comments:

Post a Comment