Pages

Thursday, September 21, 2017

I can't be stopped...

The only person who can hold me back from doing what I want to do--within reason--is myself. I made a couple of financial moves this morning, positioning myself for a three month run of literally doing nothing with the money I have coming in. I also reset the clock on my binge-eating abstinence counter.

A slip doesn't need to turn into a fall.

I also wanted to drop in and do what I said I was going to do, which was to blog. My back is doing a little better. I'm not starting work until next week and I have ample time to spend with my family before things start picking up speed again. There's no reason that I should exclude blogging from that experience, especially given the degree of serenity that I enjoyed when I was doing it on a regular basis.

Millman says that we zoom in and out of spirituality like a camera lens, zooming in when we need to make an adjustment, panning back to observe our entire condition, mental, spiritual and physical, and zooming back in when we realize that we still have not achieved the perfect balance. It's like when you're writing a letter and you move your hand out of the way to read what you've written before you continue, pausing to check your work...et cetera.

It wouldn't make any sense for us to be so involved in spirituality all the time that we forget to experience things on earth. This blog is about a practical approach to spiritual living, and if I'm not at the very least coming up for air now and again, my approach is not practical, and it becomes like many other things in my life...just another obsession.

See you on my new Facebook page! theintrovertexposedcs@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment