Pages

Thursday, October 26, 2017

5 days into my detox; Completed first journal entry; LGBT

The cravings for carbs are diminishing slowly but only in the sense that I forget what it was like eating them. My body is still rejoicing at their elimination from my life, but it also wishes desperately to cling to old ways. What it really comes down to is that it's getting easier but the battle isn't over yet.

One day at a time, right?

I did journal. I did it this morning while Olivia was at school instead of last night. Olivia and I found ourselves coloring yesterday and I took one of her old drawings, sketched crudely in pencil on a blank piece of printer paper, and traced over the pencil in crayon. I subsequently labelled each color compartment with a number and then randomly assigned colors to those numbers so I had a color by number that took me about an hour to finish over an appointment of the same duration. 

By the time I got home from my appointment, Olivia was asleep on the couch.

I interviewed a couple of different people about their experiences within the LGBT community and I'm learning a lot. One testimony was particularly painful to listen to because I empathize with people. Biologically female, this particular individual now considers themselves to be non-binary, or no-gender. She underwent a legal name change to represent both her masculine and feminine sides but remains silently in support of the LGBT community except to those who would understand. I wonder where fear of criticism leaves others with respect to their involvement with the LGBT community. Does the community provide an outlet for these individuals?

See you on my new Facebook page! theintrovertexposedcs@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment