Pages

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Mindful everything...

Mindful eating, mindful breathing--I am perfect at neither and how boring they would be if I was!--are two of the most deciding factors that determine longevity. There is scientific evidence which suggests that our longevity is a direct result of how deeply we breathe. There are people in Southeast Asia who have lived to the age of 125! 

My goal for today is to be mindful of everything that I do. I will avoid, or at least attempt to avoid, eating simple sugars, and I will try to remember my mantra, which is to remind myself that I am breathing in when doing so, and to remind myself that I am breathing out when doing so.

Spiritual training is about making progress, not achieving perfection, but that requires us to take a step toward reaching spiritual goals that we set out to achieve for ourselves. The first spiritual practice is balancing the body. Mindful breathing and mindful eating are critically important to this practice. Today will be my first day attempting both at once.

I'll report on my success in this matter tonight.

Wow, what a spiritual trip this blog has been!

See you on my new Facebook page! theintrovertexposedcs@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment