Pages

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Update to mindful everything...

I didn't do bad for my first night trying.

I had a power bar for lunch and Red Bull at break later on that night. I probably should have eaten more but I wasn't hungry. My mantra "I am breathing in, I am breathing out" came in and out of focus, remaining out of focus for most of the night but when I did remember to use it, I did so.

I remember being extremely focused at work, finding ways to cut out steps as opposed to flying through the ones already in place. For example, instead of removing the tea boxes from the shelf one at a time, I was able to remove five or six.

Instead of going back and forth between my carriage and the shelf with the toilet paper, I moved my carriage over. Instead of taking the toilet paper rolls out one at a time, I removed three at a time. Instead of using only one hand, I used both hands and removed six at a time and stacked them neatly on display, where they liquidated very well.

At the end of the night I had a panic attack and used a Buddhist chant that I had learned that I've been utilizing in times of increased stress. Tayeta om bekandse bekandse maha bekandse rhodsa samudgate soha. The translation into lay English terms is "I acknowledge your presence, God of Medicine, relieve me of my strife, I offer this prayer to you and to the farthest depths of the Universe." I find that after chanting it even once, my heart rate goes down and I am instantly relieved of a noticeable amount of stress.

When I learned about the chant, it was also recommended that I envision the God of Medicine in a peaceful place. He is typically portrayed as sitting in the lotus position with one hand on his knee, the other holding out a bowl of all things medicine. I have a difficult time envisioning this and chanting at the same time, but when I am successful, I have the most luck.

This morning I had a spoonful of organic peanut butter and a bowl full of raw oats with Half & Half. My goal for today is to avoid unrefined flour, and to mow as much of the lawn as I can as soon as it warms up enough and the dew finishes drying.

See you on my new Facebook page! theintrovertexposedcs@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment