Pages

Saturday, October 28, 2017

Day 7 Carbohydrate Detox; Moving Forward; Official Start to the New Series Monday 10/30/2017

Seven days into my carbohydrate detox, I feel as though my body is finally beginning to understand that I won't be abusing it again any time soon. The occasional binge on raw salmon or walnuts or cheese seem to sate the beast within me. 

I stand before open cabinets full of carbohydrates and added sugar with immunity. I no longer salivate like Pavlov's dog at the prospect of munching satisfactorily on raw meat...okay, that was a stretch, but I no longer have the urge to sit down with a fifth of chocolate milk and a box of Twinkies. 

My objective over the next three months is to bring my A1C (cumulative blood sugar reading) down as far as I can. I feel intuitively that it's not too late (I still believe I am borderline diabetic and that I've not crossed the threshold) because it's almost like my body is just beginning to understand what it's supposed to do. 

Does that make sense? 

I was telling someone last night that motivation must be invited, it cannot be forced. The human body will regulate itself if you treat it with respect. It requires little more than the added second it takes to decide against a bad decision, and to make a good one. It will become easier and easier to maintain a trend toward healthy decisions and food cravings will eventually diminish considerably.

Speaking of motivation, I seem to have a ton of it lately. My mom and I moved my work desk up to my room yesterday. I subsequently brought my piano upstairs as well. I now have a cozy quarters that I feel as though I can call my own. I'm not sure if it's because my mind is quieter at night because of the forward momentum I've been experiencing lately, or because of my eating, but my Fit Bit recorded seven hours of sleep last night. Six months ago I struggled to get four or five.

The official release date for the Wresting Color From the Canvas series is Monday. I'll be posting them to the Opinion section of Your Tewksbury Today.  I've made a minor change to the title I had originally planned to use.

  


See you on my new Facebook page! theintrovertexposedcs@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment