Pages

Monday, January 30, 2017

Taking a searching and fearless moral inventory of myself...

Though I'm not presently a member of Alcoholics Anonymous, I've sat in on several meetings over the years, and have been moved to begin working certain facets of the program it suggests.

Of the 12 steps of recovery, Step Four is one of the most rewarding.

Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.

I've been sober long enough for certain individuals to suggest that I take a Step Four in order to get an understanding of how my wires work. From what I understand, the deeper you search, the more clearly identifiable your behavior patterns will become.

There are a number of anagrams for FEAR:

1) Face Everything and Recover
2) Fuck Everything and Run

A few A.A's with whom I've been in contact begin to "Fortify Every Aspect of their Recovery" when they realize that they are living the way that their disease would want them to live...in constant fear of one thing or another, rather than, as Dan Millman would put it: Living on Purpose.

Freud suggested that sex and death are the two biggest motivators in life, but I believe that fear is the river down whose snake-like fingers we race until we realize--some never do--that the Guiding Forces among us can only guide us with our complete abandon to whatever they have in mind.

Over the course of this moral inventory, the results of which I'll keep private, I will attempt to discern just how much of my life is led by fear rather than Love and Trust.

If anyone would like to join me, I'll be available through Facebook and by e-mail.

See you on Facebook and Tumblr! starliper.corey@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment