Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Quantum Exposed: Wresting Color from the Canvas; 5

This 'House Rule' and others can be found in Dan Millman's book Living on Purpose. I accredit all direct quotations regarding the House Rules to Dan Millman. The subsequent lay analysis is mine. I want to be clear on one thing: I am not being paid to convey the information contained herewith. My intention is to use the concepts contained herewith to give my more ambitious readers, including myself, a Universal Law on which to reflect daily.

1. Earth is a school; daily life is our classroom
2. Our teachers appear in many forms
3. We learn best through direct experience
4. Failures are Stepping Stones to Success
5. Lessons reappear until we learn them

I have a tendency to beat my head against the wall like a woodpecker. Many of us do if you really think about it. Fortunately, time isn't linear. I've taken detours as long as ten years to find myself back at the starting line with a whole new appreciation for the way things work.

All lessons reappear until we learn them. We are, after all, students of life. As Millman's mentor Socrates said: "We are all fools together." Life is designed to force failure. That is how we learn. The Universe is no less patient with us as the Ultimate Teacher than the professor who keeps his door open for students needing extra help.


See you on Facebook and Tumblr! starliper.corey@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment