Pages

Friday, January 13, 2017

I hate my mind...

How do you describe something as abstract as the mind?

And what's with all these deep questions I can't stop asking myself?

When I go into my mind to find something, anything, it's like I'm looking through a tube. My periphery is circular, and my heart is completely absent.

I forget things I should remember, and perseverate on things I wish I could forget. My mind is always in fifth gear. Thoughts I don't want to think won't take no for an answer, and the harder I try to push them away, the more weight they seem to have.

I want to stop searching and start feeling, but just knowing that I'm doing that is enough to keep me trapped in my head while the rest of me carries on, seemingly without rhyme or reason.

I feel lonely and I'm afraid to say that. Happiness has nothing to do with money, and I'm afraid to speak that aloud because I know it's taken me years to come that realization.

I thought that the joy was in the destination. It's not. It's in the journey. It has to be, because I've reached the destination to which I've assigned myself, and there's nothing here.

Slowly, pieces of the Cosmic puzzle float from the yonder to where my consciousness resides. I will find what I'm looking for, 

I just might not know it when I have enough information to apply these pieces practically, and to close the second chapter of this blog.

See you on Facebook and Tumblr! starliper.corey@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment