Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Sitting in silence every night...

Meditation has become a recurring focus in my life recently. Aided by having set myself a schedule for when I can be on my phone, I've decided that every night after work, I'm going to meditate. I'm going to sit in silence in the basement and just be. No phone. No distractions. Just a clock on the cable box letting me know how long I've been down there.

I'm going to start with 20 minutes and work my way up.

Where I used to be afraid of being alone without things to distract me, I now crave the peace and serenity which is sure to come along with it. Tonight will be the exception, but I will meditate at work. My training for this evening will include staying in the present moment as often as I can, and not speaking unless spoken to. I've done the latter successfully before.

The former is my unicorn.

See you on Facebook and Tumblr! starliper.corey@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment