Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2017

I still feel like a kid when it snows...

With 5-8 inches expected today, I am hardly able to contain the childlike glee which has always visited me when everybody freaks out about a snow storm.

I remember trudging through snow drifts as high as my waist when Winter Storm Nemo came barreling through in February of 2013. What fun! My dad had to snowblow his way out of the garage and subsequently cursed the chains that kept falling off the tractor tires, which only added to the amusement.

Two years ago, we broke several records for snowfall, which amounted to a little less than 9 feet over a period of 35 days. I had to dig a path out in the yard for Olivia because the snow was over her head. How I miss being a child!

They say that with the changing weather patterns, we can expect less frequent snowfall but that we can expect high accumulation when we do get it.

I don't know if that was just hype in response to Nemo--winter 2015 was pretty much a 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 6, 7 punch of one Nor'easter after another--but I'm really hoping that it warms up a tad in the next couple of storms so we can get snowball snow, which, of course, means less accumulation but a much more fascinating type!

I want to build a snowman with Monkey.

See you on Facebook and Tumblr! starliper.corey@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment