Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Welcome aboard, Shy

Not sure what prompted me to get up so early, but it can't be all bad. Getting up before everyone else means time alone, and time alone means time to welcome new readers to The Introvert Exposed.

My room is dark, the screen is bright, and my stomach begins to rumble as the sun stirs against the horizon.

Tonight may well be the first night I've had in the last four days to sit in silence with no distractions without falling asleep. I look forward to it.

The degree of serenity that I hope to reach has been used in pain studies. In one such study, participants' legs were prodded with a heated rod. Those participants' who had studied 1,000 hours or more of Zen meditation had an average pain tolerance of fifty degrees higher than the control group.

If such physical abilities are within reach, it makes me question me question how high a level I could reach spiritually.

When you consider things such as these, how does your heart respond?

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment