Pages

Friday, January 27, 2017

Proverbial factory reset in progress...

Last night I bought my fishing license for the year, and today, for the first time in months, I spent some time fishing along the Merrimack River in Lowell. It's not that fish don't feed in the winter...they just feed less frequently.

Got a few nibbles, believe it or not.

It was nice and I think I invited a number of good things into my life by doing it. If I remember correctly, I used fishing to avoid spending money over the summer. Now that this outlet is back in my life, I feel as though the stress that I've accumulated piece by piece since I got the new car can be released, cast by cast.

I feel at home on the water.

I made a deposit into my main account today. Next week's check will be rather insignificant, but I get the sense that the new pay period will mark the end of a spending spree that never should have happened in the first place.

I wonder if I relate money to stress. Do I trade stress for instant gratification? Or do I trade a possible solution to some of my problems for things I don't need to accumulate more stress...tides to struggle against?

Am I wired to self-destruct?

I began my stretching routine last night. It felt amazing and I can't wait to do it again tonight. My fitbit is charging. The dishwasher is running, and most things in this house have a home.

Time to flow with the karmic tides and begin reprogramming.

See you on Facebook and Tumblr! starliper.corey@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment