Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Getting better at meditating...

Where the night before last was about 20 minutes of trying to get comfortable, 10 minutes of arts and crafts and about 10 seconds of meditation, last night was about 15 seconds of trying to get comfortable and 10 solid minutes of meditation. Quite the improvement.

I knew what worked, I built on it, and the results were immediate.

Meditation, for me, is like an eraser. It slides across everything in my day, erasing what is trivial, leaving only what is important and inviting new perspective. The energies at my core while I meditate are neither positive nor negative. They just are, and everything about that is okay.

Everything is okay.

My understanding of meditation prior to two nights ago was being in the zone. I could meditate while I walked, stocked and listened to music. It extended far beyond the art of sitting quietly with my palms up. I thought my perspective was complete. It wasn't, because sitting is a much more concentrated form of healing. It touched every cell in my body, and afforded me access to a place of peace that I never even knew existed.

See you on Facebook and Tumblr! starliper.corey@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment