Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2016

Be someone's Valentine for Christmas...

A good friend of mine is not well accepted by his family, and this time of year is hard on him, so I have offered him specific dedication during this holiday season. 

Christmas is about coming together. Knowing that one person has you in their heart is fundamentally important to enjoying Christmas, as important--no more, no less--as making sure someone knows you have them in yours. 

I had no other way to phrase it at the time, so I asked him to be my Christmas Valentine. He was deeply moved by the gesture, and I'm elated to have brought a smile to his face. Everyone deserves to feel the warmth that I feel this holiday season.  

I feel as though the brief period of depression I had slipped into when I stopped using the oils has lifted as a result of once again using them on a regular basis. The difference in my attitude and outlook on life is monumental as I begin to challenge myself to feel things instead of just experiencing them.

The Christmas Valentine opportunity will be chock full of opportunities for me to bring joy into someone else's life while learning to accept invitations to rejoice from someone else. It's scary opening all these new doors, but so far the risk has paid for itself and then some.

I forgot what it was like to live, and in facing my fears directly, I have begun to discover myself for the first time, rather than simply accumulating data.

Jesus, where have I been all this time?

See you on Facebook and Tumblr! starliper.corey@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment