Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2016

A new, more focused *point-based* training module

I thought I would take the opportunity to formulate and publish my spiritual training module until I come up with something better, though I have a feeling this will suffice for quite some time:

  1. Not speaking unless spoken to during work hours.
  2. 10 minutes solitary reflection
  3. Being of service to someone else
  4. 24-hour phone fast
  5. 30 minutes on my piano followed by 20 minutes of solitary reflection
  6. 24-hour phone fast, 20 minutes solitary reflection
  7. Falling asleep without a sleeping pill
  8. 30-minute activity with Olivia
  9. 24-hour phone fast, 30 minutes solitary reflection

Each of these counts as 1 point as long as I am aware that it counts when I'm doing it. This is a failsafe I've put into place to keep me from cheating.

I had formulated a point-based system to keep myself motivated some time ago--regarding meditation, writing an article per day, praying and staying sober--but I found that I was cutting myself too much slack, and getting depressed when I didn't hit my goals.

I will be applying a similar point-based system to this training module, but I'm going to set my goal at zero so anything I get done during my waking hours will be viewed as adding a positive value rather than eliminating a negative one. I tend to thrive on this type of psychology.

I hope everyone is enjoying this winter Wonderland. Olivia is beside herself!

By the way, I'm off kik for a couple days. I found that I get a lot more accomplished and my relationship with Olivia improves when I'm not running upstairs to check my phone every two seconds.I've already asked certain people to check in with me by email. Otherwise, hit me up on Facebook, but I cannot guarantee that I will respond for the next couple days.

See you on Facebook and Tumblr! starliper.corey@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment