Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Very thoughtful tonight...

The obsession to drink or use drugs is slowly being lifted as I watch those around me slip unnoticed into addictive behavior patterns which will eventually cost them their lives. It's hard to watch, but with the way my disease has been trying to corner me lately, I don't have a choice but to leave them in their turmoil and deal with my own.

I often let my ego get the best of me, writing prophetically of the best ways about which to navigate life. In having a higher than average spiritual IQ, I also have the humility to bear that burden with the desire to help others, but there is nothing more humbling than resigning myself to the realization that when it comes to helping others with their addiction problems, I don't even know where to start. Will someone needing a fix think twice about what I have to say about spirituality?

Probably not.

The best I can offer to those struggling with addiction is hope. The rest is up to God.

Readership for this blog is growing. Of my fan base of approximately 20, most are anonymous, but I have begun to communicate with those who read my blog on a regular basis and have seen it fit to let me know. Facebook has been a huge help with that, but I'm inclined to attribute the recent spike in readership and the surge of energy to overcome enormous spiritual obstacles in my life to the karmic armies I mentioned in my first post, way back in September. You can find it in the archives, titled Thoughts Are Physical.

An object motion tends to stay in motion. The same can be said of ideas, and especially of results. For me, it feels as though I've begun to interact with the Universe and encourage it to align some small part of Itself with my intentions, to thank it and partake of it rather than simply embracing what comes along. For those of you who take Christ to be the Son of God, Lord, hear our prayer! is likely the emotion to which I now relate from your perspective.

I have no idea where I'm going with this. I'm somewhat flustered tonight. You've all been such a huge part of my recovery, my sanity and my spiritual quest. Please, reach out to me with questions, requests, either requests for posts or a story or maybe you would like me to incorporate certain things into my short story installments to make them easier to relate to, blog format, anything. Let's keep a good thing going together!

See you on Facebook and Tumblr! starliper.corey@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment