Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Average daily page views up around 40...

...quite the leap from the 4 I started with. I admit that in the beginning, I jumped at every opportunity to spread word about this blog, primarily through spraying and praying. This worked for a short period of time. Readership quickly returned to 6 page views once I stopped actively promoting it, 8 or 10 if I was lucky. Now I can expect 20 views per post and I seem to be attracting a new reader every few days. I've found that my returning readers are those with whom I communicate on a regular basis, as well as those individuals with whom I felt a peculiar connection when I gave them my business card.

This is my second day running where I've not used Kik, the platform I used to get this blog underway. As it turns out, the fear of not having an escape from my emotions was surprisingly misplaced. I have a lot more energy to engage with Olivia, a lot more time to read (since I began to slowly cut down on chat time) and more emotional energy to evaluate my life. I have more time for a million little things that would take far too long to name, but what it boils down to is I no longer have the need to run upstairs to check my phone because I know that whatever people have to tell me, they can tell me in an email, and with email, there is no rush to respond.

I feel like it gives me the opportunity to be more...in touch with myself. More whole. Less hurried.

It's hard to explain.

No comments:

Post a Comment