Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Welcome back to the world...

The decorations are coming down. People are flying home. Stores are being inundated with returns, and the caloric damage of the holiday lingers. Too many sweets. So little time to consume them!

It feels better than I thought it would to have the first holiday season I've actually enjoyed fading slowly into perfectly clouded memory in my rearview mirror. I now find myself in a rush to get through December so I can start the year anew.

It drags on.

I made out like a thief this year. Nearly everything I got has a practical application. I got the colored pencil set I wanted, Four Past Midnight (a monstrosity of a Stephen King novel anthology), gift cards to Kohl's and Dunkin Donuts (which I'll sell off for cash), G-2 Pilot Pens...

Santa was good to me this year.

He was also good to my daughter, who went ballistic over the Blaze and the Monster Machines Monster Dome Playset, a karaoke microphone (I tried singing into it to some comedic effect but with laryngitis I sound more like a frog with pneumonia), and a remote control race car which only goes in two directions: forward and right.

I got a generous running start at this year's monetary aspirations with a renewed respect for money. I hope it sticks, as my student will be visiting me this summer.

How nice to have a goal!

I'll begin the Quantum Exposed series on Thursday. Daddy duty! :)

See you on Facebook and Tumblr! starliper.corey@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment