Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Someone sent me a Christmas present anonymously...

The envelope had no return address. When I opened the card, signed only 'a friend,' $30 in cash fell from it along with best wishes and the hope that Olivia and I could do something nice with it. To whoever sent me that card, if you're reading this, you made my whole day! I'll set this money aside and make sure I think hard before I spend it. I want to spend it on something with which Olivia and I can make memories!

Olivia was very well behaved today as we searched Walmart for a gift for grandma. We agreed upon ___ , over which I'm hoping my mom will go fruity pebbles! It feels good to be ahead of the 8-ball with this year's Christmas shopping. I believe this is the first year that I have not waited until the very last minute to get gifts for those closest to me. I got Olivia the Blaze and the Monster Machines Monster Dome play set. If I'm right, she will be on such a high she won't need the M&M's my mom is probably going to jam into her stocking.

Anyway, I just wanted to touch base. I opened up Laura 11/27 last night knowing that the deadline was fast approaching for the next installment, and closed it five minutes later without having written a damn thing. Right now, a red triangular building block hangs from the door in my meditation room. It reads 'Writer's Block.'

See you on Facebook and Tumblr! starliper.corey@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment