Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2016

Welcome aboard, Kevin and Erica!

I wish I had had more time to speak with both of you, but the Universe works in mysterious ways and the Powers that Be obviously had other plans in mind. 

Erica- Those Powers can be anything you choose. I like the idea of both a God and a Goddess, and like you, I take little pieces from various religions to create my own, ever evolving, ever expanding, and ever increasingly more rewarding spiritual outlook. To fine tune your perception of a Higher Being, listen for the Voice. 

I always feel closest to my God, Higher Power, whatever you wish to call It, when everyone else is doing something else. Amidst the chaos, which always settles eventually, your Higher Power can transport you from wherever you are emotionally to an island where you can speak to your Higher Power in a language only you and It can understand.

Kevin- I'm long winded when I write, and while I've never caught myself sending mixed messages, I've also never looked for that particular character defect in my writing. Sometimes I want to sound smarter than I really am so I'll inject ego-driven and self-propelled vernacular into sentences that subsequently only I can understand.

When I catch myself doing this, I try to lock my hero complex in the closet and just relax and say exactly what I mean. More honest and less high-powered posts seem to perform much better. I won't lie, though. Saying what I mean instead of what I really want to say is like starting my car and just letting it run without going anywhere, and who doesn't like a joy ride?

See you on Facebook and Tumblr! starliper.corey@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment