Pages

Monday, November 21, 2016

Deleting my chat apps to force serenity...

They say that energy cannot be created, nor can it be destroyed. The same can be said of serenity, but in order for us to experience serenity, it needs to be invited into our lives. 

Serenity exists when our soul is in harmony with the energies around and within us, which is why we are more apt to experience it as we sit alone outside sipping our morning coffee and watching the sun come up than we are at a rock concert high on pot fumes, beer and excitement.

Serenity is available to us at practically a moment's notice, but it can be elusive. I used to think that my chat apps brought serenity into my life because the people with whom I regularly communicate have core energies that reflect the way I think. At some point in their lives, all of these individuals have experienced life through the same filter I use to make sense of my world. 

That's saying alot.

But lately I've begun to realize that regular asssociation with people through instant messaging keeps me trapped in my head so that I don't have the opportunity to interact with the world around me. I effectively sever the rest of the world from my perception so that my inner coul can heal. When I do this, I shut my soul against the prospect of harmony with the world around me.

Serenity is agreement between the way I see things, and the way things are.

So as comforting as it may be to go into my shell (as Cancers have a tendency to do) and to embrace what is familiar, it will never move me forward in life, and it will never afford me the opportunity to become accustomed to sustainable coping mechanisms rather than instant gratification.

For this reason, I have deleted Kik and Facebook Messenger so that I spend less time on my phone and more time cultivating with my daughter the type of open communication which is so essential to childhood development. Call me naive, but I eventually want parenthood to come naturally to me so that I can experience my daughter's serenity and begin to develop my own.

See you on Facebook and Tumblr! starliper.corey@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment