Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

My meditation room...

...I've told many of you about it but I don't think I've ever broadcast what this room entails over the cyber void. It's a safe place in my head where I can go to be myself, where I can go to be alone and be okay with it, where I can go to indulge in things I won't allow myself to in reality, and to which I can add or remove things at a moment's notice.

I started in a white corridor with one door with my name on it. When I opened the door, I saw a brick path with all the names of the people who had passed on with whom I shared an emotional connection. My grandmother, a local childhood cancer poster child, and others. This path led out to a garden, and an inground pool through which I could gain access to a corridor lined with doors that would eventually take me to anywhere I wanted to go in the room.

This is not something that developed overnight. I've been working on it for seven years now. I remember, when someone first introduced the idea, my first attempt at creating the room was a huge boulder, sand, palm trees and a waterfall. The water fall still flows today with the boulder and sand long removed. I can walk under the water fall, sit down on a rock that looks like a bench and push a lever and it will bring me down into my game room, where I have darts, and a number of doors leading to still more awesome things.

These include a room full of balls, a room with a trampoline floor, a grand dance hall, and my favorite door, I can never open. It is boarded up but there is a pregnant woman screaming behind it. She's giving birth to ideas

I have a tree house that I built board by board using wood from the abandoned store across the street. The tree house used to be more elaborate, I think pentagonal with doors leading to different rooms, including a library where I kept my darkest thoughts (I've sinced burned the substance of the library in my pine room, where I will occasioanlly sit in a snow covered clearing by a fire with pine trees lining the horizon). Now it's more of a box overlooking a pasture that I've included for my three horses, each of whom, upon request, will show me exactly what I need to see at the time.

It would take me a long time to go into everything I have in this room, but to sum it up, it's whatever I want it to be, whatever I need it to be at the time, and a symbolic representation of my present mood, whatever that happens to be. It continues to grow and evolve. Things that used to be have faded slowly into the past, making way for new beautiful creative ideas.

It's freeing, and it will be a regular part of this blog going forward.

See you on Facebook and Tumblr! starliper.corey@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment