Pages

Monday, November 14, 2016

I learned how to use the drill bit machine yesterday...

...I had bought a coconut for Olivia thinking she would be entirely into it (she could have cared less and I ended up having about as much fun as a six year old!) and I needed to somehow hammer or drill holes into the top, so I took it upon myself to try to learn how to use the drill bit machine in the garage.

In the end I only needed help twice, and now I can drill holes in my sobriety coins instead of waiting for my dad to do it. I think when I get 90 days sober I may drill a hole in my sobriety coin as well as a quarter to signify one quarter of a year of getting my life back, but I think that has less to do with sobriety and me just wanting to drill a hole in something else!

Anyway, I was so impressed with myself that I carved some meat off the part of coconut with the drill holes in the top and put the shell in my power box with my Hillary Clinton playing cards. It signifies my taking initiative. Since my dad has been recovering from surgery I've learned how to make kindling, use the power saw, use the drill bit machine, the front end loader on his tractor and have learned the value of a day's work.

The more I try to learn, the bigger my world gets. When I drink, it just gets smaller.

I'm back on a vape pen instead of butts because it's a hell of a lot cheaper, it doesn't stink and it feels slightly more sophisticated than smoking cigarettes. The nicotine dose I got might be a little high but I have no intention of quitting any time soon. I'll just vape until I can get my sobriety under control. One of the mistakes I made last time was trying to quit drinking and to quit smoking at the same time. Then I decided to really crank up the dial and get off all my psychiatric meditation.

Dumbass.

I read through some of my old blog posts last night and one of the things that impressed me about them was that every single one of them impressed me. I genuinely enjoyed reading my own writing, and when I saw a typo, I let it be. The quality of my work remains true because I don't write about the way I hope things will be. I write about the way they are and the way I perceive them to be at the time.

If I turn out to be wrong later, so what? All life is a school and the earth is our classroom. We don't sit down in class to a newly purchased text and know everything about a given subject, do we? We study because we don't know enough of the material to pass a test. We make mistakes and we learn from them. Further, everything is in a state of change. Everything. Every molecule, every idea.

To assume that I would be write about everything would be ludicrous. Even demi Gods aren't infallable right?

See you on Facebook and Tumblr! starliper.corey@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment