Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Happy New Year!

Thank you God for another day of sobriety, and Happy New Year to all my fellow Pagans! Yesterday was absolutely amazing! The energies were intense, everyone was happy, and my favorite part of all was my bonding time with Olivia. I carved the happiest Jack-o-Lantern I could into the front of the pumpkin while Olivia watched and ate breakfast (it held her interest for long enough for her to get through all of her yogurt without squirming). Then I traced our handprints onto the side of the pumpkin and carved them out. Omg, my heart melted!

I will always remember this last Halloween and wanted to share the images of one of the most memorable pumpkins I've ever carved.

Here it is! The monkey and Daddy! "That's my small handprint, and that's your BIG handprint!"

A VERY happy Halloween!

This alone took me about 45 minutes but I couldn't think of anything else to carve on the other side of the pumpkin. It reads "SPIRIT."




Olivia went trick-or-treating as a super hero and made everyone smile and laugh and wish we were kids again. There weren't as many trick-or-treaters this year as in recent years--the neighborhood demographics are starting to change--but we still had fun!

I'll upload a more introspective post either later tonight or tomorrow but I just wanted everyone to know how amazing it was to spend Halloween with my little girl!

See you on Facebook and Tumblr! starliper.corey@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment