Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Update on my training...

So far, I believe I have only made one expenditure that I did not need to make. The rest I felt were critical to my sanity at the time. I am withdrawing from a anti-anxiety medication which has quite the reputation for causing irritability when you come off of it. So far it's been about as hard on my body as the last time I tried to quit smoking cigarettes cold turkey.

I've realized that unless I have something specific to focus on in a given day--forgot about this, actually--I won't place as high an emphasis on my training as I should. For this reason I have decided to change my training for this evening to not speaking to anyone at work unless it is necessary from the time I clock in until the time I clock out. On a night like tonight I'm only looking at a few hours, and I have an energy drink to keep me focused until the task is over.

I've decided to add a page from one of my adult coloring books to my power box when I'm finished coloring it. I found my pencil sharpener and I have quiet time at night, which is really all I need to unwind and to invest in something.

The other thing I should really pay attention to is how much time I'm spending online. A few months ago I could have sworn that doing a 24-hour phone fast would deliver me from my distractability and force me to focus on myself.

I no longer believe that this is the case, because there are other things I could be doing than sitting in quiet reflection and going bat shit crazy: showering, driving, brushing my teeth, reading a book, coloring a picture, downloading songs onto my mp3 player. All of these could of course serve as distractions if I became addicted to them (like I am to social media), but that hasn't happened quite yet.

On the other hand, no possible good could come from spending hours in cyberspace engaged in mental masturbation, like I do now, so I need to keep myself in check in that sense and I won't try to force a training regimen into play here. I think doing that would make things a lot harder when I could just relax and shave a bit off the top here and there.

I know I've been posting a lot lately but there have been multiple occasions in the last week where I've realized that my stress level would be a lot lower if I just sit down and write it out of my system instead of holding it all in. Yesterday's post regarding the election enjoyed more views than any other post I've uploaded to this blog, and I continue to attract regular readers, so there's no reason to keep doing what I've doing.

I'll keep rolling them out. Keep checking back!

See you on Facebook and Tumblr! starliper.corey@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment