Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Update on my training, too close to call, beauty in simplicity...

I took a win on last night's training. I would give myself an 85/100 and that's not bad. I spoke up a few times in jest to coworkers and to my boss, but for the most part I kept my mouth shut, which is good because my work performance wasn't at all what I expected it to be. I expected to be sharp, focused, and I was anything but.

Thoughts of the results of this year's election plagued me, as well as recreational marijuana being legalized. I reported a few posts back that I don't like to align myself with any particular institution one way or the other, so I'll go as far as to say that both the results of the presidential election and the passing of question number four on the massachusetts ballot have their ups and downs, like most things in the political and social science arenas.

The monkey is off at daycare and I sit here before a computer that I really don't want to look at, writing because it's the best way for me to start my engines. God I wish I could go back to sleep right now. I got out of work at about 12:45 this morning and by the time I got home I had to take my sleeping pill right away. They hit me exceptionally hard, and one of those little orange pills in my system with the added benefit of less than 5 hours of sleep makes it feel like I'm walking under water. *hums Under the Sea*

Have you ever felt as though no matter where you went, it wasn't the right place to be, as though you were a tree and had been uprooted and now sleep beside the hole you've spent years burrowing into? That's how I feel right now, as I yawn my way through a quiet morning. I am waiting for something to happen, for something to come along and grab my attention by the balls, and nothing is happening...just me and my thoughts (haha, that's funny, who the fuck has thoughts this early?).

I don't know where I'm going with this. I just thought I would give you guys a more candid post than usual. Take it at face value. I'm way too tired to invite spiritual exploration into my life right now. I'll check my training regimen and see what I have on my list for today and I'll report back either tonight or early tomorrow morning.

*Thinks of Bob Ross and his quote: "There are no mistakes in painting, just happy accidents."*

See you on Facebook and Tumblr! starliper.corey@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment